Diwali or Deepwali is a very important festival for Indian people, and represents the victory of good over evil.
The celebration lasts for 5 days, and although the dates vary with the phases of the moon, it always occurs between October and November.
Every day of Diwali has a special significance:
- First day: According to Hindu belief, this is the day the goddess Lakshmi rose from the waters of the ocean.
- Second day: On this day, the goddess Kali and the god Krishna are said to have destroyed the demon Narakasura.
- Third day: It is known as Amavasya, and considered the most important day of Diwali.
- Fourth day: the significance of this day varies in different parts of India.
- Fifth day: Bhai Dooj, brothers and sisters gather together and share food, to celebrate the bond between them.
Best wishes to our Indian friends!